CRM 2011 Views and Local Data Groups – Part III: Deploying System Filters

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Hi,

After configuring and deploying as written in “CRM 2011 Views and Local Data Groups – Part III: Deploying System Filters” I am getting an error by workflow execution:

Unhandled Exception: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.InvalidPluginExecutionException: Personal View Owner cannot be null when retrieving Personal View Name.

at Gemina.CRM2011.WF.LdgManager.AgCodeActivityBase.Execute(CodeActivityContext executionContext)

at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

I assume that this is due to fact that I could not enter a value {User(User)} into field Personal View Owner because it is of type Lookup and expects a valid user login.

In your article the field is also of type Lookup but the entry field is of type Free Text.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,

Mark Okuns

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Hi Mark, first of all thank you for testing out this tool.

Your analysis is right: the Personal View Owner should be always filled - I am surprised/concerned that you see it as a Free Text type, it should be a Lookup. So, I wonder first of all if you have installed the lastest version (1.6), and in that case whether you can try deleting the plugin and re-deploying it. In my test bed the field is as it should be: Lookup.

Thank you and please let me know!

Alberto

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Hi Alberto, thanks for a quick reply.

I have already applied the last version.

The problem which I am experiencing is that in the document (http://xrm2011.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/crm-2011-views-and-local-data-groups-%e2%80%93-part-iii-deploying-system-filters/) in the Retrieve View section I see on the screenshot row Personal View Owner - column Data Type: Lookup field and column Value: Free Text field (entered value {User(User)} ).

By the configuration of a new workflow I cannot enter value {User(User)} into field Value for Personal View Owner because the field Value is of type Lookup and it expects a valid user login (or there is a trick to prevent it).

Conclusion: There is a difference between the document and the possibility to enter Personal View Owner using the tool.

Unfortunatly I cannot insert screenshots here but I can provide you with them if you give an e-mail address for it.

Regards,

Mark

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Hi Mark, I think I understand where the problem is. The field is actually a Lookup field, as such you cannot insert {User(User)} explicitly so there is no difference between the article and the assembly.

You need to select a value from "Dynamic Values" on the right section of the form (Form Assistant). Click into the field where you want to insert the value, then select Dynamic Values, Look For: User, then select the "User" field, then Add then OK.

Alternatively, you can just select a real user (the user who owns the "Deploy System Outlook Filter" view) in the Lookup field.

Let me know if this helps.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Hi Alberto,

I got it to work, I could sync contacts as you described in your article. Can I set a template as default using your tool ?

Regards,

Mark