Deploying System Filters using System Views / export - import of personal views

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Hi Alberto,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to use system views instead of personal views by Deploying System Filters using your tool. If yes, could you please provide me with instructions.

Another question concerning export / import of personal views. This issue is very important for us by migration from development to test and production environments.

Regards,

Mark

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Hi Mark - as for using System Views instead than Personal Views, this article: http://xrm2011.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/crm-2011-views-and-local-data-groups-%E2%80%93-part-iii-deploying-system-filters explains how to deploy system wide filters for all users. Hopefully this is what you were referring to.

As for importing / exporting user views, I have written the code, but I am struggling to figure out a way to save/load a large quantity of views (i.e. a big XML file) in CRM. I'll keep you posted, but in essence I'm writing a new set of tools that should address this issue, including comparing users and "cloning" views from one user to another. You can still do this using the current tools, but you have to do it one by one.