Creating OutlookTemplate using DeploySystemView creates duplicates?

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:37 AM
Edited Dec 29, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Alberto –

I’m working with your excellent “CRM 2011 Views and Filters Toolkit ” and am having trouble accomplishing what I thought would be a simple task.

I want to replace/change the default Outlook filter for contacts. (Changing the default from “My Contacts” to “Contacts at My Accounts”.)  - I'm following your "Part IV: Filter Templates" - except I want to create an OutlookTemplate instead of OfflineTemplate.

If I try to create a OutlookTemplate using DeploySystemView, (setting the "When Existing" param to "Update") the workflow creates the view as desired, but running it a 2nd time does not ‘update’ the view, but rather creates a 2nd view and leaves the original in place (subsequent runs do not create additional duplicates.) - Is this a bug? 

(One of the views has a componentstate of 0 and a null SupportingSolutionID - the other has a componentstate of 1 and a SupportingSolutionID of 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000- otherwise they're nearly identical - with the exception of course of the SavedQueryIdUnique and VersionNumber)

If I set the filter to the default -and ResetUserFilters  I get both views duplicated into outlook.

Am I missing something here?

Coordinator
Dec 31, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Hi Scott, thanks as always for trying out this stuff, I'm not sure it works (Joking :). Can you please test by publishing customisations in between attempts? I think the component state is the hint there. If you publish the duplicate record should go away. Please let me know...

Dec 31, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Very interesting - Is it a SDK bug then that both views are copied to the user when I invoke the ResetUserFilters step? - (I get both views copied to the user - my /assumption/ would be that only the /published/ view would be copied.)

Thanks again for your help -